Friday, August 13, 2010

last day at the chip











Friday 13th, all is well from the back end of the bike! Had a lazy day yesterday, walked the downtown strip of Sturgis, bought some gifts from vendors and got a sheepskin made for the bike. Took a walk down to the pond for an afternoon swim before watching Jason Aldean & Ozzy. Wow can he ever sing, I still can't believe it was real! Today we packed up, parted ways with Jimmy, Ed & Linda and headed to Mt. Rushmore. It was incredible, as was the ride through Custer and Bighorn. Strong crosswinds this afternoon freaked me out. I had enough so Mick turned around and we are spending the night in Worland, Wyoming. Oh yeah, the sheepskin worked great... my butt didn't hurt and it kept me warm while riding in the canyon today!

1. no we didn't take a wrong turn and end up on the moon.
2. Tensleep canyon.
3. Linda and I at Mount Rushmore.
4-5. Nightly fireworks
6. Vietnam memorial wall.
7. 5 soldiers for every flag killed in Iraq.
8. The crew at Devils Tower
9.Riding under the big flag at the entrance, the wind was blowing it horizontal.
10. Linda and I at Devils tower.
(note): pic 6-7 were very emotional, very eerie riding through all the flags to the memorial wall. Met a guy there paying respect to three of his friends that were on the Vietnam memorial wall. We had a good talk on how sad it all was!

No comments:

Post a Comment