Wednesday, August 18, 2010

aug 18th flagstaff to tonopah

Linda at the chip.

Left Flagstaff early this AM after a night of thunder and heavy rain. Headed toward Williams, then on towards Vegas. Cool riding, was dressed in full leathers...at the gas station I was walking about having a drink of water when some guy getting into his car said "Wow, those are some ominous pants"... I just said "thank you", had no idea what it even meant! We just had a good laugh after we googled "ominous", don't quite know what that guy was about but he must have been from the dark side - or Utah!
Hoover Dam was an incredible mega structure, I'd post some pictures but my photo assistant failed to charge the camera batteries, so guess I'll continue on with my thousand words, Ha Ha. We rode right through Vegas, the heat was insane as was the traffic. Stopped for gas North of Vegas, met yet another guy from Sturgis! He was heading to Pasadena, was about 70 and just dropped his brother off. It was their first visit to the event and he was quite impressed! Crosswinds were nasty through the dessert, not a thing to see until we hit a little spot called Goldfield. So many neat buildings and history, gonna backtrack there tomorrow to get some pictures. It's only 30 minutes back and I'm hoping to spot the wild mustangs we saw this afternoon...if I'd only has my camera!



Had to add the girl scine I was a poor camera assistant, Linda took this one at the Full Throttle Saloon she was our bartender.

No comments:

Post a Comment